This simple recipe can be adapted to suit your family’s taste. Add up to 1/2 cup of extras like nuts, seeds or dried fruits to amp it up. We added 1 Ontario apple, cored and chopped into pieces about 1cm square which was also very nice!
Simple Oatmeal Squares (Gluten-Free)
Servings: 12 squares
- 3 cups large flake oats
- 1 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- Combine oats and milk in a bowl and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together all of the ingredients and press into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Cool and cut into squares. Store in air-tight container within a few days or freeze to enjoy later.