What better way to enjoy mini kiwis than with mini tarts! This recipe incorporates some of the flavours from tiramisu, paired with the elegance of Nergi kiwi berries. The fruit adds an extra flavour element and creates a beautiful presentation.
Mini Nergi Tiramisu Tarts
- 12 Store-bought mini phyllo tart shells Alternatively use 12 small pastry shells
- 15 Nergi Kiwi Berries Approximately 1 package of Nergi berries
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp strong coffee, cold
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tbsp whipping cream (35%)
Bake tarts according to package directions. Cool and set
- Wash and thinly slice the Nergi kiwi berries. Set aside 2/3 of the berries, and finely chop the remaining berries. Set the slices apart from the chopped berries.
- In a small bowl, stir together mascarpone, coffee and sugar until combined. Mix in chopped berries. This can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator (in an airtight container) until ready to assemble.
- When you are ready to serve, assemble your tarts. Lightly layer one slice of Nergi on the bottom, then equally divide the mascarpone mixture, and top with more slices of Nergi to create a pretty finish.
- To make the garnish, melt the chocolate chips and whisk with whipping cream to combine. Drizzle over the tarts. Enjoy promptly.
Thanks to Nergi kiwi berries for working with us on this recipe. If you like tiramisu, then you will really enjoy this simple dessert. It tastes as good as it looks. I ate WAY too many of these!!! If you haven’t tried, or even seen Nergi berries before, then go give them a try asap! Pronounced as “energy”, this fruit is new to Canada and is only available for a limited time, from end Sept to Mid-November. Nergi berries look similar to a large grape on the outside in that they have a thin edible skin, but they look like a kiwi on the inside, and the taste is a sweet mixture of the two. You’ll know they are ripe because they should be slightly soft to the touch, like a plum or strawberry. Then, just wash and enjoy!